Span is reliable IT partner with more than 25 years of worldwide experience in digital business transformation that will effectively shift Ukrainian business to modern automated solutions.
We are one of the leading Microsoft licensing solution providers devoted to software development, service and system integration. Across five continents and 100 countries, more than 200 customers, including McDonald's, Starbucks, Kongsberg & Nando's, use our services and solutions daily.
Span monitors 2,000 servers, and we are especially proud of the fact that we manage to remove most of the problems before the customer or end user notice them.
Our growth is constant year by year according to all major business indicators. Span Group employs more than 470 people, and this number is also constantly growing. More that 250 of our employees have one or more professional certificates. Become one of them!
Network Engineer (m/f)
Are you an experienced Network Engineer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your career?
If you are a friendly, customer-focused, organized, detail focused person able to thrive in a fast paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a competent, ambitious Network Engineer who will take responsibility for the overall operational health (Security, Availability, Performance, Interoperability and Reliability) of our data communications systems.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, firewalls, load balancers hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware
- Prepare High- and Low-Level Design Documents (HLD and LLD); prepare Network Migration Plans (NMP)
- Design, create, manage and maintain Network, Server and PC health for clients (as defined by SLA)
- Configure, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and related services
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 support for internal and external customers
- Provide formal corporate communications on directional changes or changes that will impact existing services
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Monitor and maintain all levels of network security internally and externally
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Presales work, communication with the customer, preparing technical data sheets, BoM and ToR documents
- Preparing demo environments and configuring PoC solutions
- Provide network audit for network migration/upgrade purposes
Requirements and qualifications
- Active knowledge of English in both written and spoken form
- Previous working experience as a Network Engineer for at least 5 years
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- In depth knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network infrastructure
- In depth knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Wireless solutions, Routers, Switches, and troubleshooting these devices
- Clear understanding of the OSI model, deep knowledge of L2 protocols (STP, VTP, LLDP, LACP, 802.1Q), L3 protocols (routed (IPv4/IPv6) and routing (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS), tunneling and overlay protocols (IPsec, GRE, DMVPN, MPLS, Q-in-Q, LISP, VXLAN, NVGRE)
- Knowledge of networking security solutions (ACLs, port-security, Private VLANs, DHCP Snooping, ARP inspection, uRPF, AAA, firewall principles)
- Knowledge of modern Data Center networking technologies would be a benefit (Cisco Nexus and MDS switches, DC networking technologies - OTV, vPC, FCoE, Fibre Channel, etc.)
- Knowledge of Software-Defined networking solutions (SD-WAN, SD-Access, SD-Branch, SDN in DC (ACI and NSX)
- Any additional relevant certification (Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Aruba, Fortinet, F5, VMware NSX)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical, data driven problem solver
- Attention to details
What do we offer
- A team of top experts and outstanding support and synergy of the entire organization
- The environment and culture that promotes personal and team development
- An excellent team atmosphere focused on team and company success
- Possibility to have one or more professional certificates